Updating and Removing Products
Click on a topic to learn more:
You can update products in your shop at any time! However, we allow you to notify your past customers of a specific item when you update product files for that item. To notify all your buyers when you update a product, please do the following:
- On the product page, click Edit on the top right.
- On the right, click the X to remove the product files
- Upload the updated product files
- Click Save as For Sale / Save All Changes
- A pop up box will then appear allowing you to write an message that will be sent to all your buyers*. Be sure to check the box that says [ ] Notify customers of this update.
- You can also choose not to notify buyers of an update by unchecking "Notify customers of this update"
- Click Save Product to update and notify your buyers
NOTE: Only your buyers with the email notification "Products you've purchased are updated" checked on will receive a notification. If a customer wants to update the product, they’ll be able to log into their account to download the latest version of the product for free from the product page or their purchases.
Product Update Best Practices
To help your customers get the most out of your latest product update, here are some guidelines we recommend following when you write your product update:
- List improvements you made to your product
- Describe bugs you corrected or fixed
- Described elements, features, or files you've added to enhance the product
- Keep the update description relevant to the product being updated
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Use this feature simply to advertise a completely different product in your shop, without providing any details about the product you've updated. Please see our Shop Owner Guidelines for more information.
- Use this feature to spam your customers about promotions you're running in your shop.
You can add your own support FAQs to each product you upload. Just click the "FAQ" tab to the right of "Comments" on each of your product pages. Buyers will then be able to find answers to common product-related questions without having to send you a message.
Note: You'll only see this as an option after you set the product live for sale.
You can now fill out your FAQs in a Question and Answer format. The “Answer” field even supports the
<strong></strong> HTML tag to make text bold.
You’ll notice that your new product may already come with one or more convenient FAQs already added. These are our preset FAQs that are included with each product. They tell your customers how to contact the you (the seller) and how to access our Help Center for more information.
You have two options to remove a product from the marketplace:
Option 1: Set the product to draft - Product can be set live again later
Edit your product and on the dropdown menu select Draft. Click Save all changes on the far right, and your product is now a draft and will not be visible on the marketplace.
Now, only you will be able to see this item. You can view all of your drafts in your shop. Drafts are grayed out and show an orange lock icon on the product display.
Note: Drafting an item will still allow your past customers to download that item from their purchases, unless you also delete product files. Please consider this before deleting product files, as customers expect to be able to download their past purchases at any time!
Option 2: Completely delete the product - Product cannot be set live again
Edit your product and click the small trash can icon on the left.
Next, you'll be asked for confirmation:
Clicking Delete Product will permanently delete the product.
Note: Deleting an item will still allow your past customers to download that item from their purchases, unless you delete product files before deleting the product. Please consider this before deleting product files, as customers expect to be able to download their past purchases at any time!
Oh no! I accidentally deleted a product!
Did you delete a product by mistake? Please let us know, and we’d be happy to try and restore the product. Note: If the product had prior sales, we may be able to restore your product, but if the product had never been sold, unfortunately we will not be able to restore your product.