To install layer styles, please follow these steps:
Illustrator: Graphic Styles are .AI files
- Go to Window > Graphic Style Libraries > Other Library
- Locate the Illustrator graphic style file ending in .ai, then click open.
- Your swatches will show up as a separate Graphic Styles Panel.
- Alternately, you can open the .AI file as a normal Illustrator file. The file might look blank, but the swatches will appear in your Graphic Styles Panel (Window > Graphic Styles.)
Photoshop: Styles are .ASL files
- For Photoshop CC 2020 and newer: Open the Styles Panel (Window > Styles). Click the menu on the top right corner, then click Import Styles... Select the file ending in .ASL, and click Open.
- For Photoshop CC 2019 and older: Go to Edit > Preset > Preset Manager… then select the Styles preset type. Click Load… then locate the file ending in .ASL, and click open.
- Your patterns will be available to use in the Styles Panel (Window > Styles).