Installing Brushes and Tool Presets
Here’s a brief summary of how to install brushes and tool presets:
ABR - Photoshop Brushes
- Go to Edit > Preset > Preset Manager… then select the Brushes preset type.
- Click Load… then locate the file ending in .ABR, and click open.
- Your brushes will be available to use with the Brush Tool in the Brushes Panel (Window > Brush)
AI - Illustrator Brushes
- Go to Window > Brush Libraries > Other Library
- Locate the Illustrator brush file ending in .ai, then click open.
- Your brushes will show up as a separate Brush Panel.
- Alternately, you can open the .AI file as a normal Illustrator file. The file might look blank, but the brushes will appear in your Brushes Panel (Window > Brushes.)
TPL - Photoshop Tool Presets
- With your Tool Presets Panel open (Window > Tool Presets) click the small menu button in the top right corner. Select "Load Tool Presets..."
- Locate the .TPL file in your files, and click open. Your new Tool Presets will appear in your Tool Presets panel.
- Most of our tool presets are used with brushes, so you’ll be able to select a tool preset and use it with the Brush Tool.
To learn about installing Procreate brushes, check out this article.