General License FAQ
- Glossary of License Terms
- Personal License FAQ
- Commercial License FAQ
- Extended Commercial License FAQ
- Category-Specific License Use Cases
- How much does a license cost?
- Can I download a PDF of your license terms?
- Can I create an End Product to sell that is primarily composed of Creative Market assets?
- How do I know if I should purchase a Commercial License?
- How can I upgrade my license?
- Do your licenses give me exclusive rights to an Asset?
- Do I need more than one seat?
- Can I charge a subscription fee to access End Products I create using licensed Assets?
- Can I purchase Assets and store them on a company server for my colleagues to use?
- What do the licenses NOT allow me to do?
- What if I need to use an asset in a way that is not permitted by the license terms?
- What if I need to create more End Products than a license allows?
- What license comes with a product containing a mix of graphics and fonts?
- Does Creative Market keep track of my End Products’ sales, the number of End Products, etc?
- Do multi-item packs allow me to create more End Products?
- Can I use a digital Asset to create and sell an NFT (Non-Fungible Token)?
- How does Sub-licensing work?
General License FAQ
Each product on Creative Market is priced individually by the Shop Owner, and products that offer the Personal License, Commercial License, and Extended Commercial License have unique prices for each license. To learn more about the cost of a particular license of any product, just visit the product page.
When you purchase a license for a product on Creative Market, you can find the license you purchased a number of ways. Visiting your Purchases page here is the best way to access the license you purchased; just set the page to list view, then click on the license in the "License" column to view the specific terms of the license.
If you need a PDF copy of the terms of the license you purchased, you can also contact us with your order number (found in your purchase receipt), and we can send one in an email.
- Personal License: You may create an End Product primarily composed of Creative Market Assets for Non-Commercial Use only.
- Commercial License: This is permitted as long as the End Product(s) is significantly different than the original Asset(s); has taken time, effort, and skill to produce; and does not derive its primary value from any Asset itself. End Products must not redistribute the original Item to any third parties in a manner that allows for the extraction of the original Item. The End Product should not be used in a way that is directly competitive with the Licensed Assets.
- Extended Commercial License: This is permitted, as long as End Products do not redistribute the original Item to any third parties in a manner that allows for the extraction of the original Item. Additionally, the End Product should not be used in a way that is directly competitive with the Licensed Assets.
You will need a Commercial license or an Extended Commercial license if your use of the licensed Asset:
- Involves an exchange of money for the work created
- Promotes a business entity, such as a proprietorship, corporation, or non-profit
- Is used in a way where financial gain is an intended result, directly or indirectly.
If you purchased a particular license but decide at any time that you need more rights, you can exchange your license for a different one. Just purchase the license you need, then contact Support, and we can refund your original license.*
* You can learn more about our Exchange Policy here.
No. All of Creative Market's licenses are non-exclusive and may be licensed to other customers.
You will need a license for each user that has access to the stock asset.
The number of permitted users (or seats) is the number of users (or seats) declared and paid for at the time of purchase. For example, if you purchase 1 license, you have purchased 1 seat. That means one user may use the licensed Asset. If more than one user needs to use the licensed Asset, you will need to purchase the equivalent number of seats.
No; this would be considered directly competitive to the original licensed Assets and would not be permitted.
No, this is not permitted. The only person who should be able to access the Asset(s) is the person who has purchased a license to use them.
At no time can you:
- ❌ Resell or sub-license the Licensed Asset as in a way that is directly competitive with the original Licensed Asset.
- ❌ Resell any modification of the asset on its own.
- ❌ Make the asset public or share the asset in any way.
- ❌ Use the Licensed Asset in pornographic, fraudulent, immoral, infringing, illegal, harassing, offensive, or defamatory material
- ❌ Falsely represent authorship and/or ownership of the Licensed Asset
- ❌ Any other use that is not expressly permitted in the license terms (Permitted Uses and Quantity/Impression Limitations) is strictly prohibited.
Please check out the full license terms to learn more about all the permissions and restrictions for our licenses.
If the Extended Commercial license does not allow for your use, please contact Creative Market.
If you need to create more End Products than is allowed by the Commercial License (e.g. over 5,000 End Products), you can purchase another Commercial License, or you can exchange your license for an Extended Commercial License.
If you own an Extended Commercial License and need to create over 250,000 End Products, you may purchase an additional Extended Commercial License.
Many of our assets offer a mix of font and non-font products. Depending how these multi-category Assets are categorized, here is how licensing works:
- Product is categorized as a “Font” and contains graphic(s)/other non-font assets: Customers purchase the font license of their choosing (Desktop, Webfont, EPub, App) and the graphics/logo comes with a Commercial License.
- Product is not categorized as a Font, and contains graphics and fonts: Customers purchase the regular license of their choosing (Personal, Commercial, Extended Commercial) and the font(s) come with a Desktop License.
No, Creative Market does not keep track of your use of the Asset, including how many End Products or sales you make. This is the responsibility of the person who purchased and agreed to the terms of the license (the licensee).
No, Creative Market licenses do not make a distinction between single item products and multi-item packs. The same End Product and sale limits apply:
- Personal License: You may use graphics in a multi-item pack in an unlimited number of Personal-use projects.
- Commercial License: You may use graphics in a multi-item pack in a total of 5,000 End Products, which may be sold up to 5,000 times in total.
- Extended Commercial License: You may use graphics in a multi-item pack in a total of 250,000 End Products, which may be sold up to 250,000 times in total.
No, our licenses would not permit you to use any purchased Asset to create an NFT.
Generally, sub-licensing is limited to production partners, service providers, or clients that you work with to produce or manufacture your End Product. You can learn more about specific guidelines on sub-licensing in this helpful article.