- What does "personal use" mean?
- Can I still create physical or digital End products with a Personal license?
- Does a Personal License allow me to create posts for a social media account?
- Can I use a personal license for Streaming of Motion Picture and Audiovisual Content?
- Can I use a Personal License to create an E-Book?
- Can I use licensed Assets for my non-profit organization or charity with a Personal License?
- What is not allowed by the Personal license?
- Please review the License Overview here and the Personal License Terms.
Personal Use is any use that meets none of the criteria for Commercial Use. Personal, or Non-commercial, use is a use for solely personal purposes. For a use to be considered “Personal” it must meet ALL THREE of the following:
- The use must not involve an exchange of money
- The use must not promote a business entity (this includes non-profit organizations)
- The use must not directly or indirectly result in financial gain
If any one or more of the criteria is not met, then the use is deemed “Commercial”. (See Commercial License FAQ)
- ✅ Yes, you may create physical end products for Non-Commercial Use, not for resale or wholesale, such as, but not limited to: clothing, cards, invitations, stickers, etc.
- ✅ Yes, you may create product packaging for Non-Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: labels, stickers, containers, etc, for any number of separate end products.
- ✅ Yes, you may create digital products for Non-Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: static designs, static website elements, etc.
- ✅ Yes, you may create digital or Print Publication for Non-Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: cards, invitations, photo albums, scrapbooks, ebooks / e-publications
✅ Yes, you may use assets purchased with a personal license for one personal or individual social media account for Non-Commercial use. You may not use it on a social media account that forwards a company or business.
✅ Yes, internet streaming of minor motion picture and audiovisual works is permitted for Non-Commercial use only (e.g. Youtube, Vimeo, etc). There is no limit on lifetime viewers for Non-Commercial use.
❌ Audio-Visual Advertisements are considered Commercial Use and are not permitted.
❌ No, internet streaming for Commercial use is not permitted.
❌ No, use of an Asset in major broadcast productions is not permitted for Commercial and Non-Commercial Use. This includes via network / cable TV, satellite, pay-per-view, video/audio on demand.
✅ Yes, you may use the Licensed Asset in digital or print publications such as cards, invitations, photo albums, and scrap books, e-books or e-publications, that are for Non-commercial use only.
If your use of the licensed Asset results in indirect or direct monetary gain (e.g. donations, etc) this would be considered Commercial Use, and a Personal License would not allow it.
For the purpose of our licenses, non-profit does not necessarily equate to personal use. Please see our License Page for more information on how Personal and Commercial Use are defined.
These are not permitted under the Personal License:
- ❌ Commercial Use
- ❌ Use in-demand applications, like Print-on-Demand and Create-on-Demand Services, even for non-commercial use
- ❌ Use in software development, such as website software development, mobile app development, desktop application development, or video game development
- ❌ Use in physical (printed, paid or unpaid) advertising, such as billboards, signage, printed advertisement, etc. This is prohibited for Commercial use AND Non-commercial use.
- ❌ Part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, trade name, business name, logo, or similar use.
- ❌ Claim the Licensed Asset itself as its own copyrighted work.
- ❌ Trademark an End Product. The Licensed Asset may not be used as part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, or trade-name. You may not register, protect, or enforce any trademark or similar rights on the Licensed Asset.
- ❌ Copyright a Licensed Asset. You may not claim a Licensed Asset (or a modification of it) as its own copyrighted work. You must disclaim the original Licensed Asset in any copyright registration.
Please check out the Personal license terms to learn more about all the permissions and restrictions for this license.