Commercial license - FAQ
The licenses on Creative Market are changing soon, and this FAQ is referring to those future licenses.
If you're looking for information on Creative Market's current Standard or Extended Licenses, you can find that information here: current licenses information.
This article covers the main questions about the Commercial license.
- Please go here to read the entire license terms: Commercial License terms
“Commercial” use is any use:
- that involves an exchange of money or other consideration
- that promotes a business (e.g., sole proprietorship, corporation, or partnership)
- Where financial gain or other consideration is either sought or a result, directly or indirectly, of Licensee’s use of the Licensed Asset.
If any one or more of the criteria is met, then the use is deemed “Commercial”.
Do I need more than one seat?
The Creative Market License covers one user per license. You will need a license for each user that has access to the stock asset.
✅You may create physical end products, for commercial use or non-commercial use such as, but not limited to:
✅Yes, you may create product packaging for commercial use or non-commercial use such as, but not limited to:
✅Yes, you may create digital products for commercial use or non-commercial use such as but not limited to:
- static designs
- static website elements
- etc ...
✅Yes, you may create digital or print publications for commercial use or non-commercial use, such as but not limited to:
- photo albums
- e-books or e-publications
❌Use of embedded fonts (or web fonts) is not allowed unless the Shop Owner specifically states that such is allowed for the Licensed Asset in the Shop Owner’s store on Creative Market.
You can sell up to 5,000 lifetime combined individual end products or packaging (digital or physical) sales, instances, impressions, or installations (as applicable) for Commercial use.
✅Yes, you may assets purchased with a personal license for one personal or individual social media account (not on a company or business social media page) for Non-commercial use.
✅Yes, one owned and managed company social media account is allowed for Commercial use. A separate license is required for each social media business account or page.
✅Yes for physical Advertisements campaign such as billboards, signage, and collateral in Local Markets.
✅Yes for Digital Advertisements campaign such as advertisements served by Google Ads, Bings Ads, Facebook Ads, Linkedin Ad, etc...
No limits on the number of impressions of social media posts or other digital advertisements incorporating the Licensed Asset for Commercial use or Non-commercial use. However, physical advertisements are limited to local markets under the Commercial License. For physical campaigns that reach a national or global market, an Extended Commercial License is required.
✅Yes, broadcast and streaming via network, cable, internet, satellite, pay-per-view, video on demand or Streaming of motion picture and /audiovisual works, including advertisements, are permitted for Commercial use and Non-commercial use.
No more than 500,000 lifetime viewers for Commercial use and no limit for streaming via the internet for Non-commercial use.
For End products you can't:
- ❌Offer on-demand applications, like Print-on-Demand and Create-on-Demand Services, even for non-commercial use
For Social Media, Marketing, and Advertisements you can't:
- Use the asset in multiple owned and managed company social media accounts or pages. A separate license is required for each social media business account or page.
For Broadcast and Streaming of Motion Picture and Audiovisual Content you can't:
- Use the asset in end products that are distributed via broadcast, or streaming via network, cable, internet, satellite, pay-per-view, video on demand or Streaming of motion picture and audiovisual works, including advertisements for Commercial use where there are more than 500,000 lifetime viewers.
For Digital Development you can't:
- ❌Create website software development, mobile app development, desktop application development, video game development
For Trademark and Copyright you can't:
- ❌Use the asset as part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, trade-name, or similar use unless (1) the Licensed Asset is significantly altered and (2) not the predominant element of the End Use. In no event does this License Agreement allow Licensee to -- and Licensee shall not seek to -- register, protect, or enforce any trademark or similar rights in the Licensed Asset itself which must be disclaimed in any trademark registration. Contact Creative Market for a custom license if these rights are desired.
- ❌Claim the Licensed Asset itself as its own copyrighted work.
❌The license is limited to the expressly permitted uses stated in this License Agreement: future-existing technologies and uses are expressly reserved and not included within the scope of the license.
To read all the prohibited uses of the Commercial license read the full terms
❌ At no time can you:
- Resell or sub-License the Licensed Asset as in a way that is directly competitive with the original Licensed Asset.
- Resell any modification of the asset on its own.
- Make the asset public or share the asset in any way.
- Use the Licensed Asset in pornographic, fraudulent, immoral, infringing, illegal, harassing, offensive, or defamatory material
- Falsely represent authorship and/or ownership of the Licensed Asset
- Any other use that is not expressly permitted in the license terms (Permitted Uses and Quantity/Impression Limitations) is strictly prohibited.
Please read all the Commercial license terms to learn more about all the permissions and restrictions for this license.