App Font Uses
⚠️We've introduced new Font Licenses on Creative Market; this article covers use cases under the New Font Licenses. For more information about our Legacy Standard License,
please review those terms here: Standard License
This article describes use cases for fonts in mobile apps. You can view the full terms of the App license here.
To learn more, click a topic below:
- Can I use a font in a mobile app's user interface?
- In how many apps may I use the font under the same App License?
- Can I use the font in a sequel of my game app using the same App License?
- Can I make the same app compatible on different platforms (e.g. iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, etc) under the same App License?
- Can I use a font in an app in which the end users use the font to design their own content?
Under the App license, you may use a font as part of an app or game's user interface. You may not allow the font to be used by the End User to create or customize an End Product.
Under the App License, you may create 1 title. A “title” is one (1) standalone application and excludes all other versions aside from a replacement version that contains only bug fixes. A sequel, prequel, or other new version of the app would be considered a different title and would require you to purchase another license.
No; this would be considered a different title and would require a separate license. Under the App License, you may create 1 title.
Can I make the same app compatible on different platforms (e.g. iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, etc) under the same App License?
Yes; this would be considered the same title, and you could use the same App License for all versions of the app.
No, this is not permitted in any of our Font Licenses. Any use that allows anyone other than the Licensee (such as an end user) to customize a digital or physical end product using the Licensed Asset is prohibited, whether for Commercial use or Non-commercial use. This includes, but is not limited to, “print on demand”, “made to order”, or “download on demand” applications.