📜 Commercial License - FAQ
- What does "Commercial Use" mean?
- What can I do with the Commercial license?
- How many End Products can I sell with a Commercial License?
- Does a Commercial License allow me to create posts for a social media account?
- Can I use the Commercial License for marketing or advertising campaigns?
- Can I use the Commercial License for broadcast and streaming?
- Can I use a Commercial License to create an E-Book?
- What is not allowed by the Commercial License?
- Please review the License Overview here and the Commercial License Terms.
“Commercial” use is any use:
- that involves an exchange of money or other consideration
- that promotes a business (e.g., sole proprietorship, corporation, or partnership)
- Where financial gain or other consideration is either sought or a result, directly or indirectly, of Licensee’s use of the Licensed Asset.
If any one or more of the criteria is met, then the use is deemed “Commercial”.
- ✅ Yes, you may create physical end products for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: clothing, cards, invitations, stickers, etc.
- ✅ Yes, you may create product packaging for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: labels, stickers, containers, etc, for any number of separate end products.
- ✅ Yes, you may create digital products for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: static designs, static website elements, etc.
- ✅ Yes, you may create digital or Print Publication for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: cards, invitations, photo albums, scrapbooks, ebooks / e-publications
You can create up to a total of 5,000 individual End Products, and these End Products may sell a total of 5,000 copies combined.
✅ Yes, you may use assets purchased with a Commercial License for Non-Commercial use on one personal or individual social media presence.
✅Yes, you may use assets purchased with a Commercial License for Commercial Use in one owned and managed company social media presence. A separate license is required for each social media business presence.
✅Yes, for physical advertisement campaigns, such as billboards, signage, and collateral in Local Markets.
✅Yes, for Digital Advertisement campaigns, such as advertisements served by Google Ads, Bings Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, etc.
- No limits on the number of impressions of social media posts or other digital advertisements incorporating the Licensed Asset for Commercial use or Non-commercial use.
- Physical advertisements are limited to Local Markets under the Commercial License.
✅Yes, broadcast and streaming via network, cable, internet, satellite, pay-per-view, video on demand or Streaming of motion picture and /audiovisual works, including advertisements, are permitted for Commercial use and Non-commercial use.
- No more than 500,000 lifetime viewers for Commercial use
- No limit for streaming via the internet for Non-commercial use
✅ Yes, you may use the Licensed Asset in digital or print publications such as cards, invitations, photo albums, and scrap books, e-books or e-publications, that are for Commercial or Non-commercial use.
These are not permitted under the Commercial License:
- ❌ On-Demand Applications: You can't allow anyone other than the Licensee (such as an End User) to customize a digital or physical End Product for commercial or non-commercial use. This includes, but is not limited to, “print on demand”, “made to order”, or “download on demand” applications.
- ❌ Use the asset in multiple owned and managed company social media accounts or pages. A separate license is required for each social media business account or page.
- ❌ Use the asset in end products that are distributed via broadcast, or streaming via network, cable, internet, satellite, pay-per-view, video on demand or Streaming of motion picture and audiovisual works, including advertisements for Commercial use where there are more than 500,000 lifetime viewers.
- ❌ Use the licensed Asset in software development, including website software, mobile app development, desktop application development, or video game development.
- ❌ Use the asset as part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, trade-name, or similar use unless
- (1) the Licensed Asset is significantly altered and
- (2) the Licensed Asset is not the predominant element of the End Use.
- In no event does this License Agreement allow you to register, protect, or enforce any trademark or similar rights in the Licensed Asset itself. The Licensed Asset must be disclaimed in any trademark registration.
- ❌ Claim the Licensed Asset itself as its own copyrighted work.
Please check out the Commercial License Terms to learn more about all the permissions and restrictions for this license.