Unzipping your Product Files
- ZIP Files
- Unzipping files on an iPad / iPhone
- RAR Files
- 7z Files
- Correcting "Error 22 - Invalid Argument"
The majority of products on Creative Market are delivered as a .ZIP file, which keeps multiple files together and saves space. You can unzip a file by following these steps:
- To extract a single file or folder, double-click the compressed folder to open it. Then, drag the file or folder from the compressed folder to a new location.
- To extract the entire contents of the compressed folder, right-click the folder, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Mac: Double click the .zip file to unzip it, then search for the product folder or product file.
More and more products on Creative Market are supported by mobile devices and iOS! We highly recommend making sure your device will support a specific product before you make a purchase, but if you’ve purchased something specifically for an App on your iPad (like brushes for Procreate), you can follow these steps to unzip the file:
- Download ZipApp Free or iZip on your iPad. Both of these are free apps that will allow you to unzip .zip files on your iPad. Install it and open the app. (This tutorial will use iZip and also works on an iPhone.)
- On Creative Market, log into your account and download the product files from the product page. Alternately, you can visit your purchases page and click "Download" from there.
- Click Download Now again:
- iZip will open, then it will ask you if you'd like to unzip all of the files. Click OK.
- Once the files have unzipped, you'll be able to access them from your iPad's Files in a folder called iZip. Tap this folder to check out the files inside.
- Inside that folder will be both your .zip file as well as the unzipped folder. You're done!
Recent Mac OS updates may have impacted how some .ZIP files are opened (as discussed in this Apple forum.) Here are some instructions on how to open the .ZIP file from your Terminal on Mac:
- Move the .zip file you are trying to open to your Desktop.
- Press CMD + SPACE to launch Spotlight, then type "Terminal.”
- Open Terminal.
- Type: cd ./Desktop
- Press Return.
- *Next, type: unzip ZIPFILENAME.zip
- Press Return.
- The files should now be accessible on your Desktop, and you can now close Terminal.
*NOTE: Please use the correct file name in step 6.