Here are some quick guidelines to help you create a strong password that will help keep your account secure!
(If you need to reset your password, you can use our Account Recovery tool here. For more information about resetting your password, check out this article.)
- Use at least 10 characters. The longer, the better!
- Use a combination of uppercase and lower characters, numbers, and symbols
- Change your password regularly (once every 6 months is ideal)
- Use a password manager (like 1Password, Dashlane, Bitwarden, or LastPass) to help you store all of the passwords for your online accounts safely.
- Share your password with anyone! That includes Creative Market staff (we will never ask for your password)
- Store your password on your computer in a word document or a paper sticky note. If you need to save passwords, use a password manager (see above for examples of password managers we recommend.)
- Use less than 10 characters.
- Use your personal information to create a password, including birthdays, addresses, pin numbers, spouse’s name, nicknames, etc
- Use your username or a variation of your username.
- Use common words like “password”, “football”, “welcome”. Fraudsters often run through the list of top common passwords to try to gain access to accounts.
- Use letter or number patterns like “abcdef”, “qwerty”, or “123456”.
- Use your Creative Market password for any other site. Each password you use should be unique to the site you’re using.
- Re-use an old password. Create a brand new, unique password. Adding a “1” to the end of your old password is not sufficiently unique!
- Use dictionary words. Password cracking software often runs through the dictionary when attempting to break into an account.