Account Security - Best Practices
We want to give users peace of mind when they buy digital assets on Creative Market, so we’re serious about empowering you with ways to keep your account safe and secure. Here are some best practices that all Creative Market users can follow to ensure the safety of their account:
Understand our Terms of Service
You can read more about account security on Creative Market by reviewing our Terms of Service, sections 1:D and 12.
1. (D) Creative Market Accounts. Your Creative Market account gives you access to the services and features that we may establish, maintain, and modify, from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of accounts for different types of Users. By connecting to Creative Market with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your login credentials for that service. You are responsible for tracking all activity on your own account, and you agree to the following:
(a) To store all passwords and usernames securely.
(b) To notify Creative Market of any unauthorized use or security breach. Creative Market will not be liable for any liability, damage, cost, loss or expense caused by or in connection with any unauthorized use of your account.
(c) To never share login details or account access with clients or team members.
(d) To accept responsibility for activity that occurs under your account(s).
(e) To never transfer or "sell" your account to another person.
Keep your account information updated
In order for Creative Market to keep you updated with important information about your account, you must make sure to keep your account information updated, including the email address registered to your account. The email address registered to your account allows us to stay in touch and send you password reset emails, purchase receipts, and other important information about your account. You cannot opt out of these emails because they are account- and site-related. If you need to adjust the number of optional email notifications (like newsletters) you receive, you can do so here.
It's extremely important that you make sure your email is update to date on your account. Please keep in mind that Creative Market staff cannot manually change any information on your account, so if you lose access to the email address on file, you will not be able to access your account. You can change and update your account information at any time on your Account Settings here.
Protect your account with a strong password
We highly recommend that you choose a password that is long, unique, and complex. Good passwords are at least 10 characters long and use both lowercase and uppercase characters, as well as numbers and special characters. We recommend that you choose a password that is different from the password you use on your other internet accounts. We also recommend that you change your password every 6 months. Learn more details about how to create the best password to secure your account here.
If you use Facebook or Google to access your Creative Market account, make sure you also keep your Facebook / Google account secure by using a strong password. If someone gains access to the Facebook / Google account that is connected to your Creative Market account, they may also be able to gain access your Creative Market account. You can learn more about how to keep your Facebook account safe in Facebook’s Safety Center here. Learn more about securing your Google account here.
Do not share your login information with anyone
Remember, your account contains sensitive information (including information about payouts and taxes for Shop Owners) and your finances (saved credit cards, commissions and earnings, payment invoices, etc, for Customers) so we want to be sure you’re the only one who has access to your account. We repeat, don’t share your login information with anyone—not even us! The Creative Market team will never ask you for your password, so you should be the only person who knows the password to access your account. Don’t write your passwords on a sticky note or email your login credentials to anyone, either. Your online passwords should be stored in a safe place that only you can access.
We know that sometimes it’s hard to remember your passwords- especially if they’re long, unique, and complex- so we recommend using a password manager like 1Password, Dashlane, Bitwarden, or LastPass to help you store all of the passwords for your online accounts safely. These security tools can also tell you if your passwords are weak, reused, or leaked by any recent online security breaches. We highly recommend that you use a password manager!
Make sure you’re able to get our emails
Even if you’ve chosen to unsubscribe to our other newsletter emails, Creative Market has security measures in place that notify you via email when important information on your account has been changed. Make sure you add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to ensure you don’t miss critical notifications that let you know when:
- Your login information was changed (includes password, username, and email)
- Your tax information was changed (includes updates made in Payment Settings)
- Your tax and payout information was changed (includes any update made in shop Payment & Tax Setup)
- A payout was requested from your shop
Please make sure these emails are received in your regular inbox folder to ensure you can review them as soon as possible. You’ll receive these security emails whenever any of the above information changes or updates are made on your account. If you’ve received any of these notifications but didn’t make the changes yourself, contact the Support Team right away. Even if you do not receive an email notification from us but think you see any suspicious activity on your account, let us know and we’ll be happy to review your account as a precaution. If you think you’re missing any of our emails, let us know, and we can investigate right away.
Notify the Creative Market Support Team immediately when:
- You suspect unauthorized activity occurring on your account
- You receive an email that your password, email, or username changed, but you didn’t change it
- You receive an email from Tipalti (our Payout partner) that your payout information or tax information was changed, but you didn’t change it
- You receive an email that a payout was requested or canceled in your shop, but you didn’t do it
- You receive an email that the VAT/GST information on your account changed, but you didn’t change it
- You receive a receipt for a purchase you didn’t make
- You receive an email that looks like it’s from us, but requests that you log in or supply login information/passwords. This might be a phishing email from someone trying to steal your information. We will never ask you to reply to an email with secure login information like your password.
It’s important that you notify our Support Team as soon as possible if any of those things happen. Our Support Team will immediately investigate and take appropriate measures to help keep your account, payout, and tax information safe.