Refund FAQ & Common Issues
We’re sorry to hear you’re unhappy with your purchase!
It is our goal to make sure that you are pleased with the products you find on Creative Market. If you’re experiencing a technical issue with a product, please contact the Shop Owner and they’ll be happy to help you. Our Shop Owners take great pride in providing products that are of high quality and easy to use, so they’re always happy to help!
On the rare occasion you do not hear back from a Shop Owner after 48 hours, please submit a ticket and we’ll help contact them on your behalf.
In an effort to help you receive swift answers to your questions, we’ve provided some resources to help you address common issues that may arise:
- File will not open in my program
- I do not have the program for that product
- Fonts not displaying glyphs/swirls/flourishes
- Product is not working the way it’s supposed to
- Product is low quality.
- Wordpress error during installation
- ZIP file cannot unzip or is corrupted
- I’ve purchased the wrong version or license
- I'm having trouble downloading the product
- I thought this was offered as a Free Good
Because the products we offer are digital, we typically only issue refunds if there is a technical problem with the product that the shop owner cannot resolve or if the product was misrepresented in the product description.
We’re unfortunately unable to process refunds for the following situations:
- You (or your client) no longer need the purchased product.
- You found another product you like better or you’ve changed your mind.
- You don’t have sufficient expertise to use the product.
- You don’t have the correct software to open and edit the product.
- You bought the item on accident.
- You got charged for a Free Good that is expired or past its promotional date.
- You are having trouble downloading the product because your internet is not fast enough, is not stable, cannot handle a large download, or similar issues related to your internet service.
- You need a partial refund for a credits package because you did not use all of them (currently, no direct PayPal purchases). Learn more about PayPal usage here.
- A product purchase that was made over 30 days ago.
All refunds are at the sole discretion of Creative Market. Please note that we will close accounts from which we have received any chargebacks.
First thing to check is to make sure you have unzipped your product. All Creative Market products are downloaded as ZIP files, which are compressed files. In order to use your product, you must first unzip the file. Unsure how to unzip your file? Learn about that here.
If your product is already unzipped but you’re having trouble opening the file still, please check to make sure you’re opening the file in the correct program. Here are some common file types found on Creative Market and the corresponding programs that are typically used to open them:
- AI, EPS - Adobe Illustrator
- INDD - Adobe InDesign
- PSD - Adobe Photoshop
- DOC, DOCX - Microsoft Word
- PPT, PPTX - Microsoft PowerPoint
- KEYNOTE - Keynote (for Mac)
- OTF, TTF - font, installable on all computers
For more detailed information about these files and these compatible programs, check out our File Type FAQ page.
If you don’t already have a copy of the necessary Adobe programs, you can download a free 30-day trial here. Just click on the corresponding software you need, and you’ll be able to download a copy of the corresponding program.
There are a couple of reasons why your font may not seem to be functioning correctly. First, please check the product folder to make sure there are no specific instructions provided by the shop owner. Secondly, it is important to check in what program you are using the font. Generally, word processing and presentation programs like Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint are not the best programs in which to use third-party fonts because they limits the options of the font's appearance. In fact, third-party fonts are not directly supported in Microsoft Office, so many OpenType features may not be supported. More OpenType-savvy programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, etc. are better choices for that type of usage because they are more equipped to handle the OpenType features of your purchased font.
To read more about font installation, using your new font, and how you can get the most out of your font while using Microsoft Office, check out our Font FAQ.
It’s always disappointing when a product doesn’t work the way you expect it to! If you’re having a technical issue, 9 times out of 10 the shop owner is able to resolve your technical concern, so you should contact the shop owner directly to get your specific question answered. Do this by sending them a private message by clicking on the Message button on their shop page or posting in the comments section of the product page.
First, we would suggest checking the product folder to make sure there aren't multiple versions of your product. Often times, shop owners will provide a lower quality sample file along with their original high quality product. For instance, a shop owner could include in the product folder a rasterized graphic which will appear pixelated upon enlargement. However, in the same folder, there is a EPS/AI file that contains the scalable vector format of that same graphic that would allow you to resize the product without suffering any loss in quality.
Here are two issues that may prevent you from installing your WordPress theme:
- Please note that Creative Market sells Wordpress.org themes, which you host yourself. Our themes will not work on Wordpress.com. Learn more about WordPress themes/templates on our site here.
- If you got an error message that there was the style.css sheet was missing, the main style sheet may be named something else, and/or is located in a separate css folder. You may have to redirect your software to locate the correct style sheet from this subfolder.
There are a couple things that could be causing the issue. Here’s some things to check:
- What size is the original file? Make sure the downloaded file is the same size as the original product file. If your downloaded file is smaller, your file did not download correctly.
- File is correct size, but is corrupted. If it is a large file, there may have been a download error that occurred. Please try downloading the file again and consider using a download manager to avoid more issues.
- Do you get a RAR file after you tried to unzip the file? If this is the case, you will need a RAR extractor: Windows | Mac
If you’re looking to exchange a product from the same shop because you bought the wrong version (such as PowerPoint instead of Keynote, AI instead of PSD, Standard License instead of the Extended License, etc), we’d be happy to facilitate an exchange. Please purchase the product you intended to purchase first, then write in to let us know which version you meant to buy so we can process the refund.
If you're having trouble downloading a product from Creative Market, we recommend you try these tips to troubleshoot the issue:
- Please verify that your Internet service plan allows you to download larger files.
- Make sure your network connection is not lost at any point during your download. Sometimes your network connection will be lost if your computer goes to sleep, which may result in a corrupted .zip file, or a .cpgz or .part file (signifying an incomplete or partial download).
- Try using a download manager to minimize any problems downloading large files and would allow you to pause/resume the download.
Please let us know if none of these tips work. We'd be happy to further assist you!
NOTE: If you purchased a large product, it might exceed our 4 GB upload limit. In these cases, the seller has probably has provided download links in a .txt file or PDF that will direct you to download the product from a third-party host, such as Dropbox. If you're having trouble with the link(s), we recommend that you contact the shop owner right away, as they have the most control over the link(s). However, please note that a seller cannot control your internet connection speed, so if you're still having trouble downloading, we'd be happy to continue working with you to provide an alternate solution.
Regular Free Goods are offered from 12:00AM Central Time on Monday morning to 11:59PM Sunday night. The 6 Free Goods are only offered for free during the one week they are promoted. Please make sure to check the Free Goods page if you are unsure about the current status of a Free Good. If the promotion is expired (past the days the Goods were offered), you will be charged for the Item. If you see the button labeled "Buy Now" or "Finish Purchase", please note that the Item is not a Free Good; you will be charged if you click on the button. As part of our Refund Policy, we do not refund for accidental purchases because our Items are digital goods that cannot be returned.