📜 Extended Commercial License - FAQ
- Do I need an Extended Commercial License?
- What can I do with the Extended Commercial License?
- How many End Products can I sell with an Extended Commercial License?
- Does an Extended Commercial License allow me to create posts for a social media account?
- Can I use the Extended Commercial License for marketing or advertising campaigns?
- Can I use the Extended Commercial License for broadcast and streaming?
- Can I use the Extended Commercial license for Digital Development?
- Can I use an Extended Commercial License to create an E-Book?
- What if my use exceeds 250,000 End Products or sales?
- Can I resell items as-is under the Extended Commercial License?
- What is not allowed by the Extended Commercial license?
- Please review the License Overview here and the Extended Commercial License Terms.
You will need an Extended commercial license if your use of the licensed Asset involves any of the following:
- involves an exchange of money for the work created,
- promotes a business (such as a sole proprietorship, corporation, or non-profit), or
- where financial gain is an intended result, directly or indirectly
You want to do any of the following (if you do not want to do any of these, the Commercial license may fit your needs):
- Sell more than 5,000 End Products,
- Use the licensed asset in a mobile app, desktop app, in website development, or in video games.
- Use the asset in an End Product that (i) is not significantly different from the original Licensed Asset, (ii) does not require time, effort, and skill to produce, or (iii) derives its primary value from the Licensed Asset itself.
- ✅ Yes, you may create physical end products for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: clothing, cards, invitations, stickers, etc.
- ✅ Yes, you may create product packaging for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: labels, stickers, containers, etc, for any number of separate end products.
- ✅ Yes, you may create digital products for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: static designs, static website elements, etc.
- ✅ Yes, you may create digital or Print Publication for Commercial Use, such as, but not limited to: cards, invitations, photo albums, scrapbooks, ebooks / e-publications
❌ Use of embedded fonts (or web fonts) is not permitted, unless the Shop Owner specifically permits it in the product listing.
You can create up to a total of 250,000 individual End Products, and these End Products may sell a total of 250,000 copies combined.
✅ Yes, you may use assets purchased with a Commercial License for Non-Commercial use on multiple personal or individual social media accounts.
✅Yes, you may use assets purchased with a Commercial License for Commercial Use in multiple owned and managed company social media account. There is no limit on accounts and pages owned and managed by the Licensee for Extended Commercial use.
✅ Yes, for television advertisements, such as commercials, promos, and infomercials broadcast on network, cable, satellite, pay-per-view, and video-on-demand television services.
✅ Yes, for physical advertisement campaigns, such as billboards, signage, printed advertisement, etc.
✅ Yes, for digital advertisement campaigns, such as ads served by Google Ads, Bings Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, etc.
No limits on the number of impressions of social media posts or advertisements incorporating the Licensed Asset for Commercial use or Non-commercial use.
✅Yes, broadcast and streaming via network, cable, internet, satellite, pay-per-view, video on demand or Streaming of motion picture and /audiovisual works, including advertisements, are permitted for Commercial use and Non-commercial use.
No limit on the lifetime viewers for Commercial use or Non-commercial use.
✅Yes, for Website Software Development, Mobile App Development, Desktop Application Development, and Video Game Development: you may use the Licensed Asset in one title.
Quantity Limitations on Digital Development: The Licensed Asset may be used in a single website, application, or video game. Each additional website, application, or video game including (without limitation) successor products, requires a separate license.
The license is additionally subject to the limitations in the Extended Commercial license terms
✅ Yes, you may use the Licensed Asset in digital or print publications such as cards, invitations, photo albums, and scrap books, e-books or e-publications, that are for Commercial or Non-commercial use.
If your use exceeds the allowed number of sales or End Products, you may purchase another license.
❌ No. Resale or Sub-Licensing the Licensed Asset or any modification of it in source file form is strictly prohibited. Please check out the Extended Commercial License Terms to learn more about all the permissions and restrictions for this license.
These are not permitted under the Extended Commercial License:
- ❌ On-Demand Applications: You can't allow anyone other than the Licensee (such as an End User) to customize a digital or physical End Product for commercial or non-commercial use. This includes, but is not limited to, “print on demand”, “made to order”, or “download on demand” applications.
- ❌ Use the asset as part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, trade-name, or similar use unless
- (1) the Licensed Asset is significantly altered and
- (2) the Licensed Asset is not the predominant element of the End Use.
- In no event does this License Agreement allow you to register, protect, or enforce any trademark or similar rights in the Licensed Asset itself. The Licensed Asset must be disclaimed in any trademark registration.
- ❌ Claim the Licensed Asset itself as its own copyrighted work.
Please check out the Extended Commercial License Terms to learn more about all the permissions and restrictions for this license.