Creative Market Best Practices
By operating a shop, becoming an affiliate partner, or creating an account on Creative Market or Creative Market Pro you agree to abide by our legal terms. This includes our usage, user specific, privacy, and licensing terms.
Please read them carefully—they are designed to keep our members safe and happy.
- Partner Terms
- Shop Owner Terms
- Creative Market License Terms
- Creative Market Pro License Terms
In addition to our legal terms, we’ve developed site Guidelines and Best Practices (see below) in order to help everyone have the best experience possible on Creative Market.
Guidelines: While not legal agreements, Guidelines are mandates that Creative Market has for site users. Failure to adhere to these Guidelines may result in the termination of your account. For Shop Owners, failure to adhere to the Guidelines could also result in the closure of your shop, removal of one or more of your products, and/or refunded sales.
Best Practices: These are not mandatory, but the best and most successful Creative Market members adhere to these practices. These Best Practices are especially important for Shop Owners, and we encourage Shop Owners to follow them. As a Shop Owner, following Best Practices can contribute to your success on the Creative Market platform, and also helps your customers have a great experience with your shop and products.
Best Practices for Product Support & Communication
- Recommend and leave positive comments on products you like
- Message the Shop Owner if you have specific technical questions about their product
- Read the product description in detail and understand all software requirements before making a purchase
- Search the Help Center or contact the Support Team for questions about your account, product licensing, or billing
- Contact the Support Team if you don’t hear back from a Shop Owner
- Keep in mind that Shop Owners and the Support Team may take 24-48 hours to respond
Best Practices for Community Discussions
- Encourage and support other members and their work by offering helpful ideas
- Be civil and respectful to others
- Search Discussions before posting to see if the topic has already been covered
- Use the “What Are You Working On?” area to share your work and get feedback from the community
- Use the "Made with Creative Market" area to show off what you’ve made with Creative Market purchases
Read the Creative Market Guidelines for further information. Creative Market reserves the right to moderate all discussions and commentary.
If you're a Shop Owner, please review the Shop Owner Best Practices for further information.