How do I notify my buyers when I update a product?
To notify all your buyers when you update a product please do the following.
- On the product page, click Edit Product on the top right.
- On the right, click the X to remove the product files
- Upload the updated product files
- Click Save as For Sale
- A pop up box will then appear allowing you to write an message that will be sent to all your buyers*. Be sure to check the box that says [ ] Notify customers of this update.
- You can also choose not to notify buyers of an update by unchecking "Notify customers of this update"
- Click Save Product to update and notify your buyers
NOTE: Only your buyers with the email notification "Products you've purchased are updated" checked on will receive a notification.
Product Update Best Practices
To help your customers get the most out of your latest product update, here are some guidelines we recommend following when you write your product update:
- List improvements you made to your product
- Describe bugs you corrected or fixed
- Described elements, features, or files you've added to enhance the product
- Keep the update description relevant to the product being updated
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Use this simply to advertise a completely different product in your shop, without providing any details about the product you've updated.*
- Use this feature to spam your customers about promotions you're running in your shop.
*NOTE: If you would like to run a promotion in your shop, we recommend you use our Shop Updates feature to share a promotion with your followers, rather than using the update message feature.