Better Together Giveaway Contest by Creative Market & Dribbble OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Better Together Giveaway Contest("Promotion") begins at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 10, 2021 and ends at 8:59 AM PT on February 16, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion contains a contest of skill (“Contest”). The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
- TIMING: The Promotion will consist of three (3) phases, as detailed below:
- Contest Entry Period: Begins at or about 9:00 AM PT on February 10, 2021 , and
- Judging Period: Begins at or about 9:00 AM PT on February 17, 2021
- Winner Announcement: The Grand Prize Winner (as defined below) will be announced on or about February 19, 2021
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Beginning on February 10, 2021 at or around 9:00 AM PT through February 16, 2021 at 8:59 AM PT, Administrator and Sponsor will offer a promotion contained in an Instagram post commencing on or around 9:00 AM PT on February 10, 2021.
(a) Enter Promotion: In order to enter the Promotion, eligible Participants must follow the requirements in the Promotion’s Instagram Post by 8:59 AM PT on Tuesday February 16, 2021, which requirements will include one or more of the following: (1) “like” the designated Instagram post, (2) In the comments section, tag one (1) friend and explain how attending this workshop can help achieve your creative goals, (3) follow @dribbble and @creativemarket ‘s Instagram accounts.
A friend should only be tagged if (a) he/she is eligible as per Rule 1 above and personally known to you; (b) you believe he/she is interested in the Promotion; and (c) you have secured his/her consent beforehand.
In all cases, the requirements set forth in the Instagram Post for the Promotion are made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference. In the event of any inconsistency between such requirements and these Official Rules, the requirements shall prevail, govern and control only with respect to the entry procedure for the corresponding promotion and, in all other respects, these Official Rules will prevail, govern and control.
All Entries must adhere to the Requirements of Contest Entries found below to be valid. Limit of one (1) Entry per person, per Instagram account , throughout the Contest Entry Period.
REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted contest entries;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- Contains any individual other than the you and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- Violates any law
By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that the work submitted is original to you and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party. Your Entry must not include the property of third parties or contain elements not owned by you.
- JUDGING: Judging for the Contest begins at 9:00 AM PT on February 17, 2021 and ends at 2:59 PM PT on February 18, 2021. The judging panel, selected by the Sponsor, will select a winner based on the following criteria:
- 50% Originality
- 50% Workshop’s potential impact on participant’s creative goals
Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes or to choose fewer than one (1) if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- PRIZE/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: CONTEST GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Contest Grand Prize will be awarded. The Contest Grand Prize winner will receive:
- Two (2) individual seats to Scott Fuller's Icon and Branding Workshop (one for you and one for your friend)
- Two (2) $100 USD Creative Market credits (one for you and one for your friend)
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Contest Grand Prize is $598 USD
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered prizes. Winner(s) understands and agrees that the prize is being provided “AS- IS,” and Sponsor makes no warranty, representation, or guarantee regarding any prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Winner must look solely to the manufacturer for any such warranties or guarantees, if any. Prizes consist of only the items specifically described herein, and no additional items, services or subscriptions are included. The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, garbled, damaged, delayed, undelivered or misdirected Entries, all of which are void. Online Entries will be considered to be entered by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Upon entering the Promotion, winners grant Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use world-wide in any media now known or later developed, the winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, city and state of residence, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisements, publicity, and other communications, worldwide, in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Promotion, you agree that (1) you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. By entering the promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties and the respective officers, directors, and agents of each, from any and all liability for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind to persons, including death, and property, whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. -You waive all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion and award the prizes for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to yours or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than that listed in Section 6.
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the state of California or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the state of California. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form (preceded by a W9 Form) will be issued to the winner by the Administrator if they are a resident of the United States. A W8 form will be issued to the winner by the Administrator if they are a resident of Canada.
- WINNERS LIST: To receive the winner list, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 31, 2021 to: Creative Market Better Together Contest Winners List Request, c/o 300 Lenora St, #515 Seattle, WA 98121.
SPONSOR: Creative Market, 300 Lenora St, #515 Seattle, WA 98121
ADMINISTRATORS: Dribbble, 101-524 Yates Street Victoria BC Canada V8W 1K8